Sunday, July 17, 2005

Keeping Focused

I have to keep focused on the light at the end of the tunnel. The day to day slogging of exercise is simply a means to a goal I want to achieve. That is, weigh less, look slim and attractive, and feel good that I've done it and that my risk of heart attack, stroke and diabetes is less. I'm currently in the 90 to 95 kg. range. I want to be in the 70 to 75 kg. range of weight (like Oprah). To get there, I'll have to keep up what I've been doing. That is, exercising and eating less.

Saturday exercise: Did a short walk up a hillside with the kids. It was like a stair climber for about 20 minutes, then walking down was slightly energetic too.

Sunday: I did a nice brisk walk for 32 minutes (avg HR about 132, Max HR 157) on a very muggy, hot day where all day it's been like in a sauna. Ugh, awful day, truly. But with lots of cold water, I've managed to stay relatively comfortable.

All we actually have is our body and its muscles that allow us to be under our own power. Allegra Kent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home