Sunday, June 26, 2005

Walking is better

Well, one thing that a heart monitor does is inform you of your heart rate. I've found out that while jogging, my heart rate is consistently over the 150 range. For a quick refresher on what it should be here's some calculations.

My max. heart rate is 220 - my age = 180. So 60% of 180 = 108 and 80% of 180 = 144

So, for the most effective workout I should be keeping my heart rate in the range of 108 to 144. That was acheived this morning by a brisk walk. So I walked for a hour and 6 minutes. Avg. HR was 128 and max. HR was 154 while jogging. So, now I know why at times, I'd get so breathless and why, after jogging, I'd feel so damn tired. So, walking at a brisk pace is good for me. Just keep it up and I'll get my HR down then I can start jogging again. Because I do want to do a marathon one day, I know. And one should really run a marathon, shouldn't one? Yes. I want to look like a gazelle one day, not a fat, waddly penguin. Sorry, John Bingham, but a gazelle is more my idol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home