Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thursday exercise

Took a nice walk with Vic in the stroller to the store and back. So about 30 mins of a nice walk. Then I went and bought myself a Polar Heart Monitor (the 120 model) so that I can keep track of my heart rate. After that, I went to the gym and did my lower body weights and sets.

3 x 15 Leg press @ 150 lbs
3 x 15 Leg lift for glutes @ 80 lbs
3 x 15 Adductors @ 140 lbs
3 x 15 Abductors @ 140 lbs
3 x 10 One leg balance on step (tricky to do!)
3 x 15 Calf raises
3 x max. Russian twist on the exercise ball with a 6 lb. medicine ball

My arms set is

3 x 15 dumbbell curls @ 15 lbs.
3 x 15 triceps pushdown @ 45 lbs.
3 x 15 lat. raises @ 120 lbs
3 x 15 shoulder raises @ 10 lbs

So, if I go at least 3 times/week, and do my minimum of 30 mins. of walking/running/aerobic activity, I'll continue to lose weight, I hope. Now, just to stick to the NO days and make one day the YES day for fattening food. That's what Jules, the personal trainer suggested for me to try. On a NO day, you say no to all the bad stuff, then have a lovely Yes day because you deserve it. I'll try that and see if it all works. You'll hear about it :)

"The people who have done big things are those who were not afraid to attempt big things, who were not afraid to risk failure in order to gain success."--B. C. Forbes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home