Thursday, May 26, 2005

3 days to go

Last evening I tried on the clothes I'll wear for the run. My black shorts and black t-shirt, comfy jogging bra and nice socks. I got a tube of "no Chafe" stuff called "Body Glide" which let's face it, is a runner's best friend n'est que pas? OUI!!! My new orthics seem a bit soft but hopefully they'll be okay for me. I'm going to walk the first half of the event and then run if I feel up to it. I've got until 4 pm to finish from 10:15 am so will try my best.

The forecast is for cool, wet weather which will be ideal for comfort. I hope it isn't pouring rain however! But cloudy I can take, cool I can take and even rain, I can take more so than 30 C and hot and humid weather. Because I've trained in the cool and damp of the spring.

Tonight, Thursday night will be my last workout before the event. I'll just take it easy Friday and Saturday and do zilch in the exercise area. Say good luck to me in comments please and I'll let you know how I've done after I'm home again on Sunday.

"The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."

2 Comments:

Blogger Ra'Phil said...

Good luck Toria. You will do well, I am sure!!

5:41 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Best of luck!

11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home