Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Long, slow run on Sunday

WOO HOO 8 weeks to the event date. I'm feeling good :) I did the "long, slow" run today. 8.5 km worth (although I walked the last 2 km because my left foot was aching). I was with my group. There were 3 of us there, one of the clinic leaders and 2 participants. We were having fun back there, chatting away. I was running at the right speed because I could talk. We started at 8:30 and I finished at 9:40 am. 1 hr. 10 minutes. The others in my group did 16 km today. Then in 2 weeks, they'll move to 18 km, then 20 km then taper back the week before the event. So, I'll just have to try and do 1 km more each week, and then on the day, do my best. And feel good about that.

I got my free hat today. If you showed proof of your online registration you got a hat that says "Ottawa Runs, The National Capital Race Weekend". So, now just the t-shirt and the bib the week before and I'll have the t-shirt, the number and the hat! WOO HOO!

It's such a beautiful spring day here today. The kids are outside playing without coats, the spring flowers are blooming, the grass is turning from winter, dry, dead and brown to fresh green sprouts shooting up. Hurray! I'm so happy :)

Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. George Sand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home